During the Nintendo Fusion Tour, many gamers noticed an option about a soundtrack, but before they could explore, gamers were constantly halted by Nintendo of America representatives. However, now that the final version of Excite Truck is available for play generally everywhere (almost). There's no holding us back!
It's official! Along with your usual game music you can listen to .MP3 files instead, by running them from your SD card. Here's what the instructions say in the official manual:
How to Select Music Tracks
1. Insert your SD Card into the Wii console.
2. Begin or continue a game and enter any race. Before the race begins, press + on the Wii Remote to access the Sound Options screen.
3. Select the "SD Card" option.
4. Any MP3 files available on your SD Card will be displayed (100 songs maximum). To choose a specific song for the race you are about to enter, highlight that song. You can also choose to randomize all songs shown for that course. Highlighting "Default" will play the standard in-game music.
5. Press 1 to return to the Sound Options menu, then 1 again to return to the pre-race screen. You can also use the "Sound" command at any point during the race to change the current song.
There's no word whether this feature will be implemented into other Wii titles, but we can be sure that we will probably see this feature again in the future.