Thursday, November 08, 2007

Check Mii Out Channel Dated!

Well, I am now very very happy to announce that Nintendo's Check Mii Out Channel (yeah, they changed the name back again) will be released on November 11, 2007. Why am I "very happy" to announce it? Well, you may remember I made a bet that Metroid Prime 3: Corruption would be online on GamersCast, and that I got out of it from a technicality (we did review the original bet to confirm), and if I lost I would've had to eat a case of wsabi peanuts. Well, about a week ago I made another bet with Steve, of which I predicted dates that a new Wii Channel would come out. And this time, I was right! If I lost I would've had to swallow a spoonful of cinnamon dry! (In case you didn't know, that is said to be physically impossible, as the cinnamon absorbs all moisture from your mouth, not allowing you to swallow). But, I won! So, you heard it hear first, folks! I predicted the date this channel would be released! But anyway, enough about the bet, what's channel all about?

Well, the Check Mii Out Channel is a channel which will allow you to download Miis from around the world and hold contests seeings who's Mii is the best. All and all, the channel is as simple as that? Will Nintendo raise the 100 Mii limit for this channel? Doubtful, which leaves me in the dust. However, we know that Nintendo has been working on this channel since at least around February or March, so there's probably more to it than meets the eye. Or it could've been done for a while, and Nintendo's just been waiting for Veteran's day to release it.

Oh yeah, I guess I should also note that, nothing about the Check Mii Out Channel was announced for PAL (eastern-hemisphere) Wii owners. Though, the release is said to be around the same time for them.

Whatever the case is. Ultimately, I was right. :P But don't worry there was a part 2 to the bet, in which I picked another date for a 2nd Wii Channel to be released in this month. Was I right on both parts, or just this one? Find out, this Thanksgiving (US holiday)!


Get the GamersCast Newsletter! All of the quality news you would find here can be sent directly to your e-mail's inbox or Wii's Message Board the instant news is posted here! Simply send an e-mail to GCnewsletter@gmail.com or register GCnewsletter@gmail.com into your Nintendo Wii's Address Book to subscribe!

No comments: