Monday, January 17, 2011

PopCap Finally Invades Android



Android fanboys can finally take a breather from the complaining about their favorite operating system not getting support from game publishers like PopCap Games. Their prayers have finally been answered. I met with Jeff Green, editorial director of PopCap Games who showed me many of the projects that PopCap is currently working on and releasing such as Bejeweled Blitz on Xbox Live Arcade and Plants vs. Zombies for Nintendo DS. What they would show me next was definitely interesting. Green shared the stories of just how angry Android loyalists can get as well as how hard it is to develop on Android due to the fragmentation of the many Android devices. I got to see for myself that PopCap is doing great things with Android.

The first PopCap game that will make its way to Android will be Bejeweled 2 which will be published by EA. Although I did not see the game itself, I was told that it will be releasing fairly soon.

Next, I got to see Plants vs. Zombies run on Android. The game will be similar to the iPhone version except that the game was running at very high resolutions. It looked beautiful. Expect it within the first half of the year or sometime after Bejeweled 2. I was also shown Peggle on Android and all I can really say about it is that there is still some work to be done but I'm sure the final version of it will be just as good as the iPhone version.


1 FREE Audiobook RISK-FREE from Audible

No comments: