Note: Due to flaming, comments have been disabled in this post. Any questions must now be sent to: GamersCast@GamersCastPodCast.com
We are happy to announce we are now launching a new service called, "Shining Wii".
Obviously, you love that amazing blue light on your Wii, that's a given, but doesn't it suck that you can't turn it on when you want it to go on!? Well, now you can turn it on whenever you want! Simply, send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org from your Nintendo Wii Message Board and shut it off, and within 5 minutes or less (actual time may vary) your Wii's WiiConnect24 light will turn on! Best of all, there's no limit to how often you turn on the light!
Not Turning On? Here's what to do:
1. Your Wii may have the light disabled. To enable it do the following:
A. Press The Wii Button on the bottom-left corner of the Wii Menu
B. Press Wii Settings
C. Click the button on the right to advance to the next settings screen
D. Click WiiConnect24
E. Click Slot Illumination
F. Click Bright (if it's already set to Bright, try Dim)
G. Press OK
H. Return to Wii Menu
I. Re-send your message to email@example.com
J. Turn off your Wii
K. Wait 5-10 minutes
L. The Light should turn on
M. If it does not turn on, please send an e-mail to: GamersCast@GamersCastPodCast.com or add your question as a comment to this post.
2. Your Wii may be searching for updates as you use it. Send your message to firstname.lastname@example.org as the last thing you do before you shut off your wii. After sending the message, immeadietely shut off your Wii and wait about 5 minutes.
3. Your Wii may be outside of your network's wireless range. Try moving your Wii closer to your router, or use the Wii LAN Adapter (required if you do not have wireless router).
4. Your Wii may not be configured to your wireless network. To configure your Wii to the internet, follow the directions at the following page:
5. Make sure the power light on your Wii is yellow when you shut it off. If it is red, than you are either holding the power button on the console to turn it off, or unplug it entirely. Please either use the Wii Remote to shut off your console or quickly press the power button once on the console itself.
6. If you are still having trouble, you can either contact me by sending an e-mail to: GamersCast@GamersCastPodCast.com
Or Contact Nintendo at: 1-800-255-3700
If you contact Nintendo, tell them that your Wii isn't properly connecting to WiiConnect24 and the disc slot is not illuminating.